AnonOps

Forum for discussion of Anonymous activities


You are not connected. Please login or register

which anytyvirus should i pick?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 which anytyvirus should i pick? on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:41 pm

Hey, i ve been thinking about getting new antyvirus/firewall soft.
I was thinking about eset or kaspersky, which one should i pick?

View user profile

2 Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:59 pm

dexiji wrote:Hey, i ve been thinking about getting new antyvirus/firewall soft.
I was thinking about eset or kaspersky, which one should i pick?



Which one are you using this moment?

View user profile http://anonopshq.forumotion.com/

3 Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:00 pm

Alot of people might disagree with me but I use AVG.

View user profile

4 Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:02 pm

Slickone wrote:Alot of people might disagree with me but I use AVG.
'


Me too xD


awesome to see im not the only one :D (but only on my PC)

which is rarely on, so On my mac I have nothing xD

View user profile http://anonopshq.forumotion.com/

5 Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? on Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:12 am

well, i'm using linux so I dont use antivirus just proxy and firewalls.

But some time ago I was using windows and antivirus and I can say this:

most of antiviruses ar just "fake security" to take money from you. But if you have some spare $$$ you can install them. From this two i would choose eset but...
For me there was enough to make good protect by free software. There are a few free soft.
If you wonder what you can do via free solution: you can download free antivirus like avast! new one i quite good, hit here to see or other free, must read about them cuz i didnt test them : avira, avg, bitdefender etc.
To better protect of net searching you can setup firewall, there are also a few free like comodo, outpost or anything like this. To protect your's p2p network recomend using peerblock (program that will block any incoming spy connections like univercities, police, goverments and so on).
To stay little more anon and safe on net, configure also proxy (f.e. via proxy switcher) i recomend using proxies in india (from all i was testing, this are the best, some of them block tracking).

If you want to stay safe in internet visit this topic .

cheers!
r.

View user profile

6 Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? on Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:26 am

rencista wrote:well, i'm using linux so I dont use antivirus just proxy and firewalls.

But some time ago I was using windows and antivirus and I can say this:

most of antiviruses ar just "fake security" to take money from you. But if you have some spare $$$ you can install them. From this two i would choose eset but...
For me there was enough to make good protect by free software. There are a few free soft.
If you wonder what you can do via free solution: you can download free antivirus like avast! new one i quite good, hit here to see or other free, must read about them cuz i didnt test them : avira, avg, bitdefender etc.
To better protect of net searching you can setup firewall, there are also a few free like comodo, outpost or anything like this. To protect your's p2p network recomend using peerblock (program that will block any incoming spy connections like univercities, police, goverments and so on).
To stay little more anon and safe on net, configure also proxy (f.e. via proxy switcher) i recomend using proxies in india (from all i was testing, this are the best, some of them block tracking).

If you want to stay safe in internet visit this topic .

cheers!
r.


I also agree with you! my dad is using Avast on his computer(windows) and it is also very effective!

View user profile http://anonopshq.forumotion.com/

7 Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:05 am

Well i was using avast before but free version isnt so good, kaspersky and eset found some viruses which avast didnt detected, i already tried kaspersky and eset and i prefer eset.
Also avast made alot of fake alerts with some software i was sure is clear but it was taking control over pc. Main reason is that i am using 2 netbooks with pretty low performance, kaspersky was using more cpu n ram than eset so i sticked to eset. I ll also try to use those free soft which you mentioned before and if it wont lag my netbooks i ll stay with those, tho i must have legit soft on one of those small babys.

View user profile

8 Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:11 am

well I was using avast! logn time and never found it wrong. Also I dont recomand kasper to anyone.

View user profile

9 Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:23 am

About avast: well I was using it from 2004 to 2006, then avast really messed up. But for 2 years I uses it again, he had a bad time at year 2007-2009, but now it seems to be OK now. But if U want to have more opinions, read here: google(dot)com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=whitch+free+antivirus+choose&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 Smile

View user profile

10 Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:19 am

Tabu wrote:About avast: well I was using it from 2004 to 2006, then avast really messed up. But for 2 years I uses it again, he had a bad time at year 2007-2009, but now it seems to be OK now. But if U want to have more opinions, read here: google(dot)com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=whitch+free+antivirus+choose&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 :)


Strange, it never been anoying to me, or didn't work properly :/

you are maybe just unlucky ^^

View user profile http://anonopshq.forumotion.com/

11 Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:31 am

Well if Avast found for example that oryginal HOMM, Unreal or starcraft, installation CD disk on 2 different computers, have viruses inside, so I don't think, that there was everything ok... Smile

View user profile

12 Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:05 pm

simple solution: don't play games xD
some of antiviruses found .exe files (not only cracked ones) as danger becouse when they are running, they integrade into windows registry, there are a lot for now securietes for games that are more than spy software soalbo are takeing as a denger party software. But it's not in my intention to say what you should do with this kind of protection system.

View user profile

13 Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:55 pm

true :b

View user profile http://anonopshq.forumotion.com/

14 Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? on Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:50 pm

I have only legal games, software too (thx to uni). Its all about that i belive that if something got free version and other version cost few $, probably payed one works better and got better support. Mostly that rule worked for me^^


View user profile

15 Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 pm

dexiji wrote:I have only legal games, software too (thx to uni). Its all about that i belive that if something got free version and other version cost few $, probably payed one works better and got better support. Mostly that rule worked for me^^





it is also true, but not always, a hint, always find some info about the thing u are about to download, and maybe find a furom to ask for other ppl experience with it :)

View user profile http://anonopshq.forumotion.com/

16 Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:11 am

Microsoft security essentials.
Malwarebytes.

View user profile

17 Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:51 am

AliStarr wrote:Microsoft security essentials.

Thanks to you I wont be able to sleep ever again...

View user profile

18 Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:22 am

rencista wrote:
AliStarr wrote:Microsoft security essentials.

Thanks to you I wont be able to sleep ever again...

Lol why ? xD

View user profile http://anonopshq.forumotion.com/

19 Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:13 pm

Anonymou5 wrote:
rencista wrote:
AliStarr wrote:Microsoft security essentials.

Thanks to you I wont be able to sleep ever again...

Lol why ? xD

I wonder too, it's fairly decent. It also does the job(even if just about).

Usually I'd say:
-Don't download stuff you don't need
-Don't go on sites that sound unsafe
-When possible use a *NIX based operating system.

View user profile

20 Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? on Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:32 pm

Personally I think this whole fuzz about antiviruses is way over proportions.

I've used various antiviruses for few years, and I never got any virus. Never. Except some I collected - mostly Trojans, and I run them for fun and then tried to get rid of them of the system :P
But since few years I don't use any "antivirus" per se. I do run SpyBot S&D from time to time, but it finds only cookies.

So if you don't download any suspicious files, or enter suspicious websites you are fairly safe imho. Though I don't play games, its easier to get infected while playing games I guess.

Oh, and once Avira found virus in miranda :P which appeared to be false positive.

View user profile

21 Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? on Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:03 am

AliStarr wrote:Microsoft security essentials.
Malwarebytes.

I mean the same - microsoft security essentials, so my daughter said to me and she is master of computer technology and a professor on technology college.

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum