AnonOps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AnonOps

Forum for discussion of Anonymous activities

You are not connected. Please login or register

which anytyvirus should i pick?

+5
Tabu
rencista
Slickone
Anonymou5
dexiji
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1which anytyvirus should i pick? Empty which anytyvirus should i pick? Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:41 pm

dexiji

dexiji

Hey, i ve been thinking about getting new antyvirus/firewall soft.
I was thinking about eset or kaspersky, which one should i pick?

2which anytyvirus should i pick? Empty Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:59 pm

Anonymou5

Anonymou5

dexiji wrote:Hey, i ve been thinking about getting new antyvirus/firewall soft.
I was thinking about eset or kaspersky, which one should i pick?

Which one are you using this moment?

https://anonopshq.forumotion.com/

3which anytyvirus should i pick? Empty Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:00 pm

Slickone

Slickone

Alot of people might disagree with me but I use AVG.

4which anytyvirus should i pick? Empty Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:02 pm

Anonymou5

Anonymou5

Slickone wrote:Alot of people might disagree with me but I use AVG.
'

Me too xD

awesome to see im not the only one :D (but only on my PC)

which is rarely on, so On my mac I have nothing xD

5which anytyvirus should i pick? Empty Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:12 am

rencista

rencista

well, i'm using linux so I dont use antivirus just proxy and firewalls.

But some time ago I was using windows and antivirus and I can say this:

most of antiviruses ar just "fake security" to take money from you. But if you have some spare $$$ you can install them. From this two i would choose eset but...
For me there was enough to make good protect by free software. There are a few free soft.
If you wonder what you can do via free solution: you can download free antivirus like avast! new one i quite good, hit here to see or other free, must read about them cuz i didnt test them : avira, avg, bitdefender etc.
To better protect of net searching you can setup firewall, there are also a few free like comodo, outpost or anything like this. To protect your's p2p network recomend using peerblock (program that will block any incoming spy connections like univercities, police, goverments and so on).
To stay little more anon and safe on net, configure also proxy (f.e. via proxy switcher) i recomend using proxies in india (from all i was testing, this are the best, some of them block tracking).

If you want to stay safe in internet visit this topic .

cheers!
r.

6which anytyvirus should i pick? Empty Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:26 am

Anonymou5

Anonymou5

rencista wrote:well, i'm using linux so I dont use antivirus just proxy and firewalls.

But some time ago I was using windows and antivirus and I can say this:

most of antiviruses ar just "fake security" to take money from you. But if you have some spare $$$ you can install them. From this two i would choose eset but...
For me there was enough to make good protect by free software. There are a few free soft.
If you wonder what you can do via free solution: you can download free antivirus like avast! new one i quite good, hit here to see or other free, must read about them cuz i didnt test them : avira, avg, bitdefender etc.
To better protect of net searching you can setup firewall, there are also a few free like comodo, outpost or anything like this. To protect your's p2p network recomend using peerblock (program that will block any incoming spy connections like univercities, police, goverments and so on).
To stay little more anon and safe on net, configure also proxy (f.e. via proxy switcher) i recomend using proxies in india (from all i was testing, this are the best, some of them block tracking).

If you want to stay safe in internet visit this topic .

cheers!
r.

I also agree with you! my dad is using Avast on his computer(windows) and it is also very effective!

7which anytyvirus should i pick? Empty Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:05 am

dexiji

dexiji

Well i was using avast before but free version isnt so good, kaspersky and eset found some viruses which avast didnt detected, i already tried kaspersky and eset and i prefer eset.
Also avast made alot of fake alerts with some software i was sure is clear but it was taking control over pc. Main reason is that i am using 2 netbooks with pretty low performance, kaspersky was using more cpu n ram than eset so i sticked to eset. I ll also try to use those free soft which you mentioned before and if it wont lag my netbooks i ll stay with those, tho i must have legit soft on one of those small babys.

8which anytyvirus should i pick? Empty Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:11 am

rencista

rencista

well I was using avast! logn time and never found it wrong. Also I dont recomand kasper to anyone.

9which anytyvirus should i pick? Empty Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:23 am

Tabu

Tabu

About avast: well I was using it from 2004 to 2006, then avast really messed up. But for 2 years I uses it again, he had a bad time at year 2007-2009, but now it seems to be OK now. But if U want to have more opinions, read here: google(dot)com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=whitch+free+antivirus+choose&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 Smile

10which anytyvirus should i pick? Empty Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:19 am

Anonymou5

Anonymou5

Tabu wrote:About avast: well I was using it from 2004 to 2006, then avast really messed up. But for 2 years I uses it again, he had a bad time at year 2007-2009, but now it seems to be OK now. But if U want to have more opinions, read here: google(dot)com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=whitch+free+antivirus+choose&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 :)

Strange, it never been anoying to me, or didn't work properly :/

you are maybe just unlucky ^^

11which anytyvirus should i pick? Empty Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:31 am

Tabu

Tabu

Well if Avast found for example that oryginal HOMM, Unreal or starcraft, installation CD disk on 2 different computers, have viruses inside, so I don't think, that there was everything ok... Smile

12which anytyvirus should i pick? Empty Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:05 pm

rencista

rencista

simple solution: don't play games xD
some of antiviruses found .exe files (not only cracked ones) as danger becouse when they are running, they integrade into windows registry, there are a lot for now securietes for games that are more than spy software soalbo are takeing as a denger party software. But it's not in my intention to say what you should do with this kind of protection system.

13which anytyvirus should i pick? Empty Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:55 pm

Anonymou5

Anonymou5

true :b

14which anytyvirus should i pick? Empty Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:50 pm

dexiji

dexiji

I have only legal games, software too (thx to uni). Its all about that i belive that if something got free version and other version cost few $, probably payed one works better and got better support. Mostly that rule worked for me^^

15which anytyvirus should i pick? Empty Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 pm

Anonymou5

Anonymou5

dexiji wrote:I have only legal games, software too (thx to uni). Its all about that i belive that if something got free version and other version cost few $, probably payed one works better and got better support. Mostly that rule worked for me^^

it is also true, but not always, a hint, always find some info about the thing u are about to download, and maybe find a furom to ask for other ppl experience with it :)

16which anytyvirus should i pick? Empty Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:11 am

AliStarr

AliStarr

Microsoft security essentials.
Malwarebytes.

17which anytyvirus should i pick? Empty Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:51 am

rencista

rencista

AliStarr wrote:Microsoft security essentials.

Thanks to you I wont be able to sleep ever again...

18which anytyvirus should i pick? Empty Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:22 am

Anonymou5

Anonymou5

rencista wrote:

Lol why ? xD

19which anytyvirus should i pick? Empty Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:13 pm

Danneh

Anonymou5 wrote:
rencista wrote:

Lol why ? xD

I wonder too, it's fairly decent. It also does the job(even if just about).

Usually I'd say:
-Don't download stuff you don't need
-Don't go on sites that sound unsafe
-When possible use a *NIX based operating system.

20which anytyvirus should i pick? Empty Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:32 pm

Osjan

Personally I think this whole fuzz about antiviruses is way over proportions.

I've used various antiviruses for few years, and I never got any virus. Never. Except some I collected - mostly Trojans, and I run them for fun and then tried to get rid of them of the system :P
But since few years I don't use any "antivirus" per se. I do run SpyBot S&D from time to time, but it finds only cookies.

So if you don't download any suspicious files, or enter suspicious websites you are fairly safe imho. Though I don't play games, its easier to get infected while playing games I guess.

Oh, and once Avira found virus in miranda :P which appeared to be false positive.

21which anytyvirus should i pick? Empty Re: which anytyvirus should i pick? Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:03 am

freehackgirl

Malwarebytes.

I mean the same - microsoft security essentials, so my daughter said to me and she is master of computer technology and a professor on technology college.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum