AnonOps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AnonOps

Forum for discussion of Anonymous activities

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to remain anonymous on the web with proxies [NO DOWNLOADS REQUIRED!]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wiki

Wiki
Admin

There are many ways you can go about being anonymous on the internet and one way is with proxies. There are many different websites that offer proxies for you to use but i'll only name a couple in this tutorial.

1. Hidemyass
Now, I am a bit skeptical about [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] since in the past they've been caught giving up black hat's information to authorities. This is pretty much just rumor but I still would be careful with this one if you decide to indeed use it. What you're going to want to do first is go to the website (http://www.hidemyass.com/). Once you're there, there are 2 options you have to browse anonymous on the web.

You can go to the IP:Port Proxies tab which is third tab at the top. Once you're there you can select specific options you want for your proxy. You can choose which country(s) you want to choose from or you can choose all countries. For Port(s) you can choose which port(s) you want, but I recommend that you just keep the All ports box checked. For Protocol you can choose which protocol's you want, but I recommend that you keep only HTTP and HTTPS checked and un-check socks4/5. For anonymity, speed, and connection time, you can tweak those however you want. You usually want a medium or higher anonymity level and same with speed and connection time. Next you want to hit the yellow "Update Results" button, and proxies will come out below based on your tweaked settings.
Once you've found a proxy you like, you will need to remember the IP address and the port so I recommend you copy and paste those somewhere such as notepad where you can look back to them when you need them. Now what you want to do is open up your internet browser. Depending on what browser you're using, this part will vary for you. For this demonstration I will be using Chrome to explain how to go about the rest of this tutorial. For Google Chrome you will need to go to your customize and control Google Chrome option which is in the top right corner, at the end of the web address bar. It can be identified as 3 black lines. Click that and go to settings. Next, where it says search settings and you will need to search for the word "proxy". Then it will pull up "Network" and you should see a button that says "Change proxy settings", click that button. There will be 7 tabs at the top, you want to go to the connections tab. Now click the LAN Settings button. Now you're going to need to check the box that says use a proxy server for your lan. And then you'll need to check the box at the bottom that says bypass proxy server for local address. Then you simply put in the port and IP address you copied from hidemyass, into the port and IP address areas.

The other option you can do is just go to the main page by going to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and you will see that they offer a free web proxy with the space to type in a web address. You can simply type in the website you want to visit anonymously, and that's it. It's much easier than the other option but you can't tweak the settings this way so you may be only slightly anonymous and may be using an IP address from anywhere.

2. Glypessl
If I ever use a proxy, I trust [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to do it. It's simply and easy and anonymous and can be trusted more than hidemyass. You can tweak some options, and all you have to do is type in the website you wish to visit into the bar and hit go. That's all there is to it.

https://anonopshq.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum