AnonOps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AnonOps

Forum for discussion of Anonymous activities

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tutorial: Low Ion Orbit Canon

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tutorial: Low Ion Orbit Canon Empty Tutorial: Low Ion Orbit Canon Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:28 pm

Wiki

Wiki
Admin

The following is for educational purposes only.

Denial-of-service attacks, though frowned upon, can be a very effective tool. Essentially, the attack works by simply over-whelming a computer or network with excessive traffic. Denial-of-service attacks, hereby referred to as DoS attacks, require little to no experience to implement. As such, those who implement these attacks are often portrayed in an unfavorable fashion.

There are many types of DoS attacks but for the purpose of this tutorial we will be concentrating on how to implement a DoS attack using LOIC, Low Orbit Ion Cannon. If you are interested in other types of DoS attacks you can research the subject independently here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

First of all you need to download Low Ion Orbit Canon (LOIC) which can simply be done by googling "LOIC" and clicking the sourceforge.net link which will be either the first or second link.

Once you have it downloaded, and open it, it will look like this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

To begin, you need to identify the IP address of the server you will be attacking. Doing so can be simple but often times it is more complicated than just typing the URL into LOIC and clicking the Lock On button. Doing this will provide you with the IP address of the server; However, larger websites and, often times, government websites will be using more than one server. It is important to remember that these attacks are more likely to be successful if a large number of individuals are attacking the same server simultaneously.

So first you need to pick your target, and get the IP from your target. Your target will be whatever website you're trying to take down. Copy and paste the website link into where it says URL and hit lock on. You could also DDoS an IP and you would put the IP right below in the IP spot and then lock on. Once you lock onto a website, it will show the IP in the spot where it says "NONE".

You want to keep the timeout, port, and HTTP subsite how they are and not change anything with them. Then you're going to change your method to TCP and change your threads from 10 to 1000. Depending on how well your pc is, you can do more than 1000 but I wouldn't recommend any more unless you have a very good pc. I have a fair pc and I can only go up to 1,500 before I begin to lag badly. If you have a not so good pc, I recommend going 600-800 threads. Any less than that just won't do the trick and if you're using the tool on your own, you can bet that you are not going to be successfully taking down whatever target you're trying to DDoS.

Keep the wait for reply box checked and you can change the message to whatever you want although it won't really matter. You can also adjust the speed to faster or slower. Be warned that the faster your speed is, the more likely you are to be caught and the slower, the less likely. So if you don't use proxies, cryptography, or any of the sort and you're just using this tool without any other forms of anonymity, I would advise you to have the speed set slower. I myself usually have the speed set to fastest.

Next what you want to do is simply hit the IMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER button and wait a bit. Your computer may lag a bit, and if it lags too much then just subtract 100 or so threads and try again. Now all you do is wait and see when the website is downed. Keep refreshing the website and if/when it does go down, be sure to check and make sure it is indeed down for everyone and you just weren't blacklisted. You can do that by using various sites such as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] & [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

https://anonopshq.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum